About the US tourist visa

There are different categories of tourist visas. Someone planning to enter the United States to conduct business needs a B-1 tourist visa. Someone entering the US for tourism, visiting, or pleasure must obtain a B-2. Those men and women who wish to combine business with travel or pleasure must obtain a B-1/B-2.

To obtain any of the aforementioned documents, a foreign national must obtain a Form DS-160. It can be downloaded from the Internet. Once completed, the form must be taken to an interview at a US embassy or consulate. In some countries, payment for the visa must be made prior to the interview and the receipt must be presented at the scheduled meeting.

In all countries the person who attends an interview, hoping to obtain one of the tourist visas, must bring the appropriate size photograph. Additionally, she must submit evidence of sufficient funds to cover all possible expenses during the time she remains in the United States. A bank statement or pay stub can serve as an appropriate form of evidence.

Another helpful item for the person to be interviewed is a confirmed itinerary. That usually shows that the hotels and travel arrangements have been paid for. Another item that must be presented at the time of the interview is a valid US passport. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the time the visa applicant will remain in the country.

Once someone has earned a B-1, they may plan to visit the United States for tourism, visit, enjoy a vacation, obtain medical treatment for a condition, participate in a fraternal, social, or service event, participate in a amateur music or sports or enroll in a recreational course. Once someone has a B-2, he or she can enter the country and consult with members of a company, attend a scientific or other professional conference, settle an inheritance, or negotiate a contract.

Even so, the person who has been granted a tourist visa is expected to abide by the limitations on their activities. You are not allowed to attend classes for credit during the stay covered by the visa. You are not allowed to seek employment or participate in a paid performance. Also, the visa holder cannot operate as a member of a film crew or a member of the foreign press.

If the idea of ‚Äč‚Äčtraveling to the US to meet friends and family is on the cards, then you need the help of an immigration attorney to help expedite the process. For starters, if you’re going for the first time, it’s best to have someone knowledgeable help you through the process. The immigration lawyer service works with a multitude of visa applicants and is familiar with the latest laws. They can help you apply, fill out the necessary paperwork, and help you with interview questions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *